Interested in science education and outreach? There is great diversity in the careers that you can follow:
- Teach science at K-12
- Become a college lecturer or faculty at a community college
- Work for a non-profit or professional organization on science education outreach
- Develop your own outreach initiative
- Work with publishers on science education materials (books, videos, etc.)
- Work in a museum or science center
You would need excellent teaching, presentation and communication skills, as well as grant writing skills if you plan to work for a non-profit.
Professional Societies and Networking Groups (+/-)
A day in the life of… (+/-)
We thank Kathryn Tifft Oshinnaiye for her assistance in compiling the above information.